The UFZ has a strong commitment to diversity and actively supports equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, disability, age or sexual identity. We look forward to applications from people who are open-minded and enjoy working in diverse teams.
Your contact for any questions you may have about the job:
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Annika Jahnke Berger
Please submit your application via our online portal with your cover letter, CV (please omit your photo, age, or marital status) and relevant attachments.
Closing date for applications:
Place of work: Leipzig
The Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) with its 1,100 employees has gained an excellent reputation as an international competence centre for environmental sciences. We are part of the largest scientific organisation in Germany, the Helmholtz association. Our mission: Our research seeks to find a balance between social development and the long-term protection of our natural resources.
The Department of Ecological Chemistry is seeking from January 1st, 2021 a highly motivated
Scientific and technical staff (m/f/x)Working time: 100% (39 hours per week), limited to 2 years
- extraction of organic pollutants from diverse environmental and human samples as well as plastics
- maintenance and service of the GC-MS/MS
- analysis using GC-MS/MS, GC-HRMS and potentially LC-HRMS with standard data evaluation
- completed professional education in chemical engineering or as chemical-technical assistant or equivalent qualification
- preferably several years of experience in chemical analysis
- specific knowledge in sample preparation, analysis and data evaluation
- established knowledge in instrumental analytics
- good command of English language (written and oral)
- advanced handling of the core MS Office programmes (Word, Excel)
- independent and responsible working habits
- exciting insight into the work of a leading research institute
- unique excellent technical equipment
- work in interdisciplinary, multinational teams
- the opportunity of contributing with your own ideas and incitements from the start
- salary according to the German TVöD up to paygrade 7 incl. social benefits of the public service