The UFZ has a strong commitment to diversity and actively supports equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, disability, age or sexual identity. We look forward to applications from people who are open-minded and enjoy working in diverse teams.
Your contact for any questions you may have about the job:
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Christian Kuhlicke
Please submit your application via our online portal with your cover letter, CV (please omit your photo, age, or marital status) and relevant attachments.
Closing date for applications:
Place of work: Leipzig
The Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) with its 1,100 employees has gained an excellent reputation as an international competence centre for environmental sciences. We are part of the largest scientific organisation in Germany, the Helmholtz association. Our mission: Our research seeks to find a balance between social development and the long-term protection of our natural resources.
In the Department Urban and Environmental Sociology we are looking for a motivated
PostDoc/Scientist (m/f/x) with expertise in risk and environmental researchWorking time: 80% (31.2 hours per week), limited to 34 months
- You will work in the EU project RECONECT "Regenerating ecosystems with nature-based solutions for hydro-meteorological risk reduction"
- Conduct and analyse an expert survey, conduct interviews with stakeholders, support the co-development of NBS in various international case studies (including business trips)
- Regular publications in internationally visible journals
- Advance independently existing research in the field of risk and environmental research
- PhD/Doctorate in geography, sociology or social science risk/environmental research
- Proven methodological and statistical competence (qualitative/quantitative) and experience in transdisciplinary research
- Experience in participating in international project networks and project management
- Excellent knowledge of English (and ideally other languages)
- Knowledge of social science research in the field of risk, disaster/environmental and biodiversity research and high motivation to engage with new topics
- Interest in research in an interdisciplinary context
- Excellent technical facilities which are without parallel
- The freedom you need to bridge the difficult gap between basic research and close to being ready for application
- Work in inter-disciplinary, multinational teams and excellent links with national and international research networks
- A vibrant region with a high quality of life and a wide cultural offering for a balance between family and professional life
- Interesting career opportunities and an extensive range of training and further education courses
- Remuneration up to the 13 TVöD public-sector pay grade including attractive public-sector social security benefits