The Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) with its 1,100 employees has gained an excellent reputation as an international competence centre for environmental sciences. We are part of the largest scientific organisation in Germany, the Helmholtz association. Our mission: Our research seeks to find a balance between social development and the long-term protection of our natural resources.
The Department of Economics (www.ufz.de/economics) is offering a position as
Senior scientist (m/f) in the thematic area „Economics of Land Use“Working time: 100 % (39 h/week); 3 years with possibilities of extension
- Further development of the thematic area „Economics of Land Use“ at the UFZ.
- Quantitative economic analysis of human-environment systems, particularly with respect to sustainable land use (agriculture, renewable energies, ecosystem services) and associated synergies and trade-offs.
- Economic valuation of land use options using quantitative approaches.
- Decision-making support to finding sustainable land use concepts and land use scenarios.
- Contributions to the integrated development of ecological-economic modelling.
- High scientific quality, proven by international publications and acquisition of third-party funding.
- PhD in economics/environmental economics.
- Strong expertise in the application of social science data collection modes.
- Proven experience in the interaction with stakeholders and in interdisciplinary research.
- Capability for further development of relevant methods, proven through publications.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in German and English.
- The holder of the position has the opportunity to further develop her own research. He/she should have an interest to collaborate with UFZ scientists particularly in the thematic area „Ecosystems of the Future“. We expect the acquisition of interdisciplinary research projects.
- Excellent technical facilities which are without parallel
- The freedom you need to bridge the difficult gap between basic research and close to being ready for application
- Work in inter-disciplinary, multinational teams and excellent links with national and international research networks
- A vibrant region with a high quality of life and a wide cultural offering for a balance between family and professional life
- Interesting career opportunities and an extensive range of training and further education courses
- Remuneration up to TVöD public-sector pay grade 14 including attractive public-sector social security benefits